EvenMore is a freeware
textviewer for the Amiga written in AmigaE and
ECX. This is my first
project on the Amiga and I have been developing it since 1996. I decided to start programming EvenMore because I
wanted to learn to program on the Amiga. I didn't like any of the
textviewers that were available, they had a lot of functions but weren't
very much to look at. So I decided to write my own textviewer.
Plugin system for file conversion of many popular formats
Open multiple files
Seamless browsing of archives and directories in the main window
Links are clickable in HTML, AmigaGuide and other formats
Support for standard ANSI escape code sequences styles
Extra custom escape code sequences for full colour text and additional
Support for true colour graphics on all Amiga systems
ARexx port for remote control
Configurable GUI using MUI 3.8+
Unlimited bookmarking system
LhA, LZX, Zip
File conversion formats
Becker (needs updated)
Rich Text Format
Troff (needs updated)
WordPerfect 5, 6, X7
Plain text and HTML emails
Scriba SCT (basic)
KWord KWD (basic)
Download - Version 0.89
Amiga OS 3 - EvenMore.lha - Readme
MorphOS - EvenMore_MOS.lha - Readme
Amiga OS 4 - EvenMore_OS4.lha - Readme
AmiKit - EvenMore_AmiKit.lha - Readme
Plugin source - EvenMorePlugins.lha - Readme
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amiga Computing (Mar-97) - cover disk
'even though this is an early version it is very good'
Amiga Format (May-99) - PD select
'easy to use and highly functional'
Amiga Format (Dec-99) - PD select
'EvenMore has a toolbox bursting with features'
Amiga Format (Chr-99) - cover disk
'EvenMore comes armed with a barrage of additional
Design MorphOS/OS4 program icon.
Consider how to port to AROS if possible.
AmiKit version will now use the ScrollRaster() kludge to improve visual
refresh when scrolling.
Fixed bug. Search wasn't going past a *CBAR or *CEND escape command.
Fixed bug. Starting line for searches was not set to 0 on opening. This meant
if you searched for a string before scrolling the text it could crash.
Mikhail Malyshev has very kindly updated the Russian catalog for EvenMore.
Fixed bug. If font was not specified, default font would not open. System
font will be used in this case.
Added PLAIN TEXT and HEXADECIMAL strings to catalog files.
Fixed bug. A line of code had been deleted breaking automatic scrolling
in the word search function.
Fixed a bug in the search function. Was searching an additional character
at the end of each line, which could have caused a crash in certain cases.
File and search strings now use MUI class BetterString MCC.
Clipping will only be done if the longest line in the file is wider than the
window. This should speed up scrolling slightly.
Simplified catalog template file. Removed all unused strings and reduced the
use of similar strings for separate parts of the program. This should make
it easier to create catalogs for different languages.
Recompiled all the catalog files. Used Google translate to get a few new
phrases. Russian catalog is still missing some phrases.
Removed the language .cd and .ct files from the archive, but kept the main
template .cd and .ct file if anyone wants to translate to their own language.
Added an unlimited bookmarking system. You can add a bookmark by clicking the
add bookmark gadget at the top right of the window. This will store the
filename and line number in the list. The list can be viewed by clicking the
bookmarks gadget. The bookmarks will be cleared on exit.
Added DEVICES and BOOKMARKS strings into EvenMore catalogue template.
Optimized quick load menu creation a bit.
Fixed bug. New parent button code was not checking properly to see if a
directory was already open before loading it. This resulted in it always
loading a directory over the currently opened file.
Fixed bug which caused MUI window clipping to crash on OS4 by recompiling
ECX muimaster module as it was out of date.
Scrolling in MorphOS and OS4 will now appear smoother. ScrollRaster() is
called first, which scrolls the text but without clearing the new region.
ScrollWindowRaster() is then called without scrolling anything to repair
any damaged window layers. Is a little bit slower but better looking.
Changing the font will no longer mess up the scrolling. The longest line of
each open file will be recalculated after closing the preferences.
Now uses a copy rastport for clearing the background. Saves having to change
pens and makes scrolling faster.
Fixed bug. Was using an Intuition routine to clip the window text area, which
caused MUI to lock up on simple refresh windows. Changed to using MUI's
custom clipping routine.
Cleaned up MUI custom class code for text display. Now uses the set() and
get() commands to modify variables. Hope to eventually separate custom class
code from main program code completely.